a Solar power systems have emerged as one of the most rapidly growing renewable sources of electricity. Solar panels absorb and reflect sunlight, actually reducing the heat exposure and potential damage to your roof that years of direct sunlight can cause.
For these and other positive contributing factors related to your solar system, homes with solar panels actually sell faster and usually for more money than those without a solar system.
Empower yourself. Take control of your own energy production and be your own power company. You will not only save money now on your electric bill, you will lock in energy costs for years to come AND be protected from energy price spikes.
What is solar energy?
Solar energy is energy provided by the sun. This energy is in the form of solar radiation that, with a solar energy system, makes the production of solar electricity possible. This is the same electricity you currently use, and you use it the same way – from heating the water in your home to running your air conditioning.
Adopting solar power is more affordable than ever before.If you have been thinking about how solar energy might fit into your life, here are some of the basics:
Coal is one of the major sources of home energy in North America, and its pollution is one of our greatest environmental threats. Among other poisons, it emits significant CO2 and sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere. Solar power produces zero emissions.
There are substantial U.S. Government rebates, grants and other assistance available to those who adopt solar energy.
Less is more: Advanced solar technology is now feasible on many homes that weren’t suited for it just a few years ago.In most cases, all you need is a good roof
Solar panels can help you reduce your energy costs by anywhere between 50% and 100%.There are even situations where homeowners have sold their excess energy back to the utility companies. The U.S. Government requires that 42 states and the District of Columbia purchase surplus power from consumers.
In most cases, having a solar energy system will increase the value of your home.
The latest technological developments in solar power have made it more affordable than ever.
Save money now on your electric bill - Lock-in energy costs for years to come
Know About Solar Power Modularity and Scalability
The size and generating capacity of a solar system are the result of the number of solar modules installed. Applications of solar technology are readily scalable and versatile
The U.S. Government is Willing to Help You Pay for Your Solar Power System
A growing number of countries, the United States included, have established incentive programs for the development of solar and other renewable energy sources, such as:
- Net metering laws that allow on-grid end users to sell electricity back to the grid at retail prices.
- Direct subsidies to end users to offset costs of photovoltaic equipment and installation charges.
- Low interest loans for financing solar power systems and tax incentives; and Government standards that mandate minimum usage levels of renewable energy sources
Increased Property Value
- Based on research done by the Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (U.S. Department of Energy), homes with solar panels installed will sell twice as fast as homes without. Even in today’s housing market.
- Solar panels also significantly increase the value of your home. A study by ICF Consulting showed that each dollar saved on energy will lead to an increase of $20 to the home’s value. This means the average home will probably save around $1,800 a year in energy bills, and add $36,000 to the overall home value!
- In July of 2011, the National Bureau of Economics Research (NBER) released a study that found homes with solar panels sold at a 3.5% premium.
- In April of 2011 the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory published a study stating that solar panels boost home prices by about $3.90 to $6.40 per watt, or $17,000 for a 3,100-watt solar system.
- And solar panels do not take up space that could have been used for other purposes. In fact, solar panels absorb and reflect sunlight, actually reducing the heat exposure and potential damage to your roof.
Beat your current electricity supplier’s peak time output and peak time demand
Solar energy can effectively supplement the electricity supply from the electricity transmission grid you are currently connected to — such as when electricity demand peaks in the summer. You will not only be immune to surges and availability concerns, but you will also avoid paying peak rates for electricity during peak times.